"If we don't change, we don't grow."
In this episode, I’m sitting down with Paul Myers, Jr. Paul is a native of New York who moved to Charlottesville, VA with his family a little more than 20 years ago. He’s a father to an amazing 4-year-old named Preston, a co-founder and leader of the Prolyfyck Run Creww, and is a chef at the multiple restaurants housed inside the Quirk Hotel in downtown Charlottesville. It goes without saying that he loves to cook, and he also enjoys spending quality time with his son and his dogs.
Find this episode on:
Subscribe and leave a review!
in this episode we talk about:
- Moving from New York to Virginia as a kid (and being very upset about it)
- It’s okay to be vulnerable and to feel your feelings
- How his son is a mirror of things he needs to be aware of in himself
- Talking to and comforting our younger selves in order to reframe and heal as adults
- Why CONSISTENCY is everything
- Why it’s in his DNA to never give up
- How he practices resilience at work when staff doesn’t show up or senior management doesn’t take him seriously
- Learning not to take things personally
- Having a falling out and then reconciliation with his dad
- The evening routine that helps to create peace in his life
- How running got him through and out of a very dark place